Codema has a range of expertise in the areas of energy policy and planning. As part of the European Union's Covenant of Mayors initiative, Codema has assisted with the preparation of Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs) for Dublin City Council (DCC) and South Dublin County Council (SDCC) and has prepared the first 'Monitoring and Progress Report 2014' for Dublin City.
- Dublin City Sustainable Energy Action Plan (2010)
- Dublin City Monitoring and Progress Report (2014)
- South Dublin Sustainable Energy Action Plan (2013)
We also collaborate closely with the planning departments of the Dublin local authorities. This involves energy advice on the Council's Development Plans as well as strategic local level energy planning & mapping. In 2014, Codema prepared the first local level 'Spatial Energy Demand Analysis Map' (SEDA) for SDCC, followed by the demand mapping analysis for DCC.
- South Dublin Spatial Energy Demand Analysis (2015)
- Dublin City Spatial Energy Demand Analysis (2015)
- Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown Spatial Energy Demand Analysis (2016)
- Fingal Spatial Energy Demand Analysis (2016)
Codema has experience in the area of district heating in terms of developing market assessments, heat demand analysis and feasibility studies for the local authorities. A recent workshop was held by Codema which looked at the potential for district heating solutions in Ireland.
We also participate in national energy consultations and sit on a range of Steering Committees to which we give energy advice:
- Regional Air Quality Management Team
- Public Lighting Engineering Meetings
- SCSG – Smart City Steering Committee
- CCMA – City & County Managers’ Association
- Environment SPC for the new DCC Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Strategy
You can read our latest submissions to various consultations here.