April 2013 - April 2016 (36 months)
SPECIAL delivered an extensive training programme to help remove the gap between sustainable energy planning and spatial planning.
Codema acted as a multiplier on the project on behalf of South Dublin County Council. We delivered several of the training programmes as part of the project.
SPECIAL delivered an extensive training programme to help remove the gap between sustainable energy planning and spatial planning, while also developing a closer link between European and national policy on spatial planning for sustainable energy provision. The training programme was developed in partnership with Irish SPECIAL ‘multiplier’ organisations: South Dublin County Council, Codema, the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). and Electricity Supply Board (ESB) International.
The Irish Planning Institute (IPI) launched this pilot training programme in February 2015 and rolled out a series of workshops targeted at planners and related professionals in Ireland. The remainder of this pilot series of events took place between April and July 2015.
- Spatial Planning & Energy - A Guide for Planners View »
- Planning, Climate Change and Energy in Ireland - Irish Planning Institute Guide View »
- Expert Paper 1: Energising Masterplanning View »
- Expert Paper 2: Advancing evidence-based energy policy in Ireland View »
- Expert Paper 3: Making the connection – energy, transport and urban planning View »
- Expert Paper 4: The sustainable municipality planning approach View »
- Expert Paper 5: New energy for spatial planning in the province of Styria (Austria) View »
- SPECIAL Press Release March 2015 View »
- SPECIAL Training Programme 2015 - Flyer View »
- SPECIAL News View »
- SPECIAL MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO PLANNING & ROLE OF THE PLANNER (24/03/2015 , 1:30pm - 4:00pm, Dublin) View »
- SPECIAL MODULE 2 - SPECIAL PLANNING AND ENERGY CPD - THE MEETING POINT(30/04/2015, 9.30 - 11.30, EU House, Dawson St, Dublin 2) View »