Register Now - Launch of the Dublin Region Energy Master Plan
11th May, 2022
We are delighted to announce that the launch of the results of the Dublin Region Energy Master Plan will take place online on Wednesday, 1st June at 11am.
The Dublin Region Energy Master Plan provides realistic, evidence-based pathways for the Dublin Region to achieve its carbon emission reduction targets to 2030 and 2050.
It is the result of over two years worth of research by Codema’s energy planning team to identify the greatest potential to reduce emissions related to heat, electricity, transport and buildings in Dublin.
For the first time in Ireland, the Dublin Region Energy Master Plan uses spatially-driven energy scenario modelling to identify the cost-optimal solution that considers the socio-economic impact at a local level in Dublin, based on the specific energy “characteristics” or profile of a particular area.
Put very simply, this means that the master plan has looked at ‘what should go where’ for every part of Dublin, based on the type of area it is and the technologies that are best suited to reducing energy-related emissions within that area.
The master plan also brings together national government plans and policies to show the impact they will have on Dublin.
How to Register
Please register for this event using the Eventbrite link below:
Why Should I Attend?
- Learn more about the socio-economic benefits of transforming Dublin into a clean, healthy and sustainable region
- First-of-its kind research that looks at the specific energy "characteristics" or profile of every part of Dublin
- Understand how you, your community or your organisation can contribute to Dublin's Energy Transition
- Get independent insight into what technologies and solutions will have the biggest impact on Dublin's emissions
- Get a unique deep-dive into Dublin's energy use and potential for renewables through our energy mapping
- Get inspiration for your own organisation's decarbonisation plans
- See where the business opportunities lie in Dublin's transition to net zero
- Understand the role Dublin can play in meeting national targets
- Learn about the leading research in local-level energy planning in Ireland
Speakers on the Day:
- John O'Shea, Energy Systems Analyst, / Heat & Electricity Lead, Codema
- Rebecca Cachia, Energy Engineer/ Emissions & Energy Efficiency Lead, Codema
- Eoin Ahern, Energy Manager / Transport & Renewables Lead, Codema
*Please note that this online event will be recorded.