Event Registration Now Open for #DCAW21
18th August, 2021
We are delighted to announce that the event programme and online registration have launched for Dublin’s first Climate Action Week (#DCAW21), which takes place from Monday 13th to Sunday 19th September 2021. A wide range of online and in-person climate action events are now open for registration at www.dublinclimateactionweek.ie and include a great selection of Codema events covering topics such as Sustainable Energy Communities, home energy upgrades, district heating and much more.
Dublin Climate Action Week is being organised in partnership with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, South Dublin County Council, Dublin City Council, Fingal County Council, the Dublin Climate Action Regional Office (CARO) and Codema, who are all working together to host a wide range of events during the week, covering the themes of Energy and Buildings, Transport, Flood Resilience, Nature Based Solutions, Resource Management and Citizen Engagement.
The aim of Dublin Climate Action Week 2021 is to highlight the Dublin region’s climate action progress, demonstrate the leadership role of the four Dublin Local Authorities and inspire action among citizens.
The recent Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Climate Change 2021 Report categorically underlines the need for urgent action on climate change by all sectors of society. One of the highlights of the DCAW21 Programme includes a Climate Action Panel Discussion with the Chief Executives of the four Dublin local authorities, taking place online on Tuesday 14th September 2021 at 10am. A number of online film screenings are planned, and outdoor climate film screenings will take place at venues across Dublin. There are also a range of family events, including workshops for children and guided walks in public parks.
The full list of Codema events taking place are listed below and are open now for public registration:
- Monday, 13th September, 2.30pm: Tour of the Tallaght District Heating Site (walking tour)
- Tuesday, 14th September, 1pm: Creating a Carbon Neutral Dublin - The Dublin Region Energy Master Plan (live webinar)
- Tuesday, 14th September, 6.30pm: Sustainable Energy Communities Information Webinar
- Wednesday, 15th September, 10am: REDAP Tool Demonstration (live webinar)
- Wednesday, 15th September, 1pm: Transforming Dublin with Low-Carbon Heat (live webinar)
- Thursday, 16th September, 1pm: Saving Energy at Home (live webinar)
- Thursday, 16th September, 7pm: Ringsend-Irishtown Sustainable Energy Community Walking Tour
- Thursday, 16th September, 7.30pm: Phibsboro Village Climate Club (launch of their draft Energy Master Plan, Biodiversity Master Plan and Circular Economy Map)
- Friday, 17th at 1pm: Dublin Triple Sustainable Energy Communities (SEC) Webinar
- Friday, 17th September, 2pm: Women in Energy (live webinar)
- Saturday, 18th September, 10am: Ask the Expert - Home Energy Upgrades (live webinar)
- Sunday, 19th at 2pm: Belarmine SEC presents Fernhill Walking Tour
The Cathaoirleach of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, the Mayors of South Dublin County Council and Fingal County Council, and the Lord Mayor of Dublin City Council, have jointly stated in the online Programme Promotional Video:
“The Dublin Region is acting on climate change causes and impacts, and we are making positive changes. We’ve organised Dublin's first ever Climate Action Week, to showcase our climate action progress to the people of Dublin and elsewhere. We’ve launched an exciting programme of events across a range of themes. There is something for everyone. You can register for these events on our Dublin Climate Action Week website www.dublinclimateactionweek.ie. We invite you to join us. Discover more about acting on climate change so we are all Taking Action, Together.”
You can watch the DCAW21 Programme Promotional Video at: https://bit.ly/ClimateActionWeek21Back
+353 (0)1 707 9818