23rd July: Implementing Renewable Energy Alternatives
10th July, 2015
To view the programme for this event and to access FREE registration, click on the link below:
- Event time: 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Event Location: RD 005, Rathdown House, An Croi, DIT Grangegorman Campus
- IPI CPD Points: 5
- 9:30 - Tea/Coffee at registration
- 10:00 - Welcome
- Dr. Paul Horan - Grangegorman's Development and Approach to Sustainability
- James Rooney - Energy in Grangegorman, John McCann, SEAI - Planning Considerations for Emerging Technologies
- John McCann, SEAI - Planning Considerations for Emerging Technologies
- 11:25 - Q&A
- 11:35 - Walking Tour
- 12:30 – Close
By developing spatially linked energy policies and strategies, a clearer picture can develop as to which energy opportunities are most appropriate on the local scale, as measures will vary across sectors, land uses and building types. With regard to renewable opportunities in the heat sector there is much potential, for example, the development of local district heating networks and combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
With regard to advancement of renewable energy opportunities in the electricity sector, such measures could include, solar PV on existing and future building stock and wind turbine developments at the appropriate scale. This Spatial Planning and Energy for Communities in All Landscapes (SPECIAL) module aims to explore issues surrounding the implementation of energy projects in more detail, including Grangegorman Campus.
The training programme is open to members and non-members of the Irish Planning Institute and has been developed in partnership with Irish SPECIAL ‘multiplier’ organisations: South Dublin County Council, Codema, the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and Electricity Supply Board (ESB) International.