Irish Planning Institute is hosting next SPECIAL training module
20th April, 2015
The Irish Planning Institute (IPI) is hosting the next SPECIAL training module, which is taking place on Thursday 30th April 2015 from 9.30am and is available to all stakeholders in planning for energy projects.
The training module is part of the EU ‘Spatial Planning & Energy for Communities in all Landscapes’ (SPECIAL) pilot training programme, which was launched in February 2015 to deliver a series of workshops targeted at planners and related professionals in Ireland. It will explore the evolution and implementation of the Building Regulations (Part L – Conservation of Fuel & Energy). Feedback from the broader IPI membership has indicated that Planners in Ireland could benefit from up-skilling in this area, with particular regard to construction projects and issues emerging from meeting the requirements of the Building Regulations on the ground.
Module 2 - The Meeting Point - Energy Planning & Building Regulations in Practice
Event Location: EU House, Dawson St, Dublin 1
- 09.30 - 10.00: Registration
- 10.00 - 10.10: Introduction, Paddy de Roe, Senior Architect, South Dublin County Council
- 10.10 - 10.30: Jay Stuart (DWEcoCo Ltd) - The evolution of the building regulations in Ireland, European comparisons, retrofitting existing building stock and planning considerations
- 10.30 - 10.50: Ronan Columb (Castlethorn Construction) – Experiences and Considerations in addressing Part L of the Building Regulations
- 10.50+: Q&A and Discussion
The training programme is open to members and non-members of the Irish Planning Institute and has been developed in partnership with Irish SPECIAL ‘multiplier’ organisations: South Dublin County Council, Codema, the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and Electricity Supply Board (ESB) International.
To view the programme for this event and to access FREE registration, click on the link below:Back