Dublin Local Authorities’ Draft Climate Change Action Plans 2019-2024
09th January, 2019
Dublin’s four local authorities have joined together to develop Climate Change Action Plans 2019-2024, which outline the actions they will take to prevent and adapt to the effects of climate change.
The Draft Plans set out how the Councils will improve energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in their own buildings and operations, while making Dublin a more climate-adaptive region, with engaged and informed citizens. This will be achieved by a range of ongoing and planned actions in five key action areas, which will be continuously monitored, evaluated and updated to 2030 and beyond.
Click here to download the information leaflet on the Draft Climate Change Action Plans.
Public Consultation Process: 11th Feburary-25th March 2019
The public consultation process for the Draft Plans will open on Monday, 11th Februrary 2019 and will run for a six week period until March 25th. During this time, we encourage you to make a submission and have your say on how the Councils are climate-proofing their services across five main action areas. All details on the public consultation process and how to submit to your local authority will be available on www.dublinclimatechange.ie from the 11th February 2019.
#Councils4Climate Public Information Events
As part of the public consultation process for the Draft Climate Change Action Plans, the Councils are organising #Councils4ClimateAction public information events in each of the four local authority areas.
These events will allow you to see the actions the Councils are taking or will take to reduce their emissions and build resilience in the Dublin Region. These events are free for the public to attend and will take place on the following dates in February (one event in each Dublin local authority area):
- Sat 16th Feb: DCC Event and CARO launch: 12pm-5pm, Round Room at the Mansion House (click here to register for this event on Eventbrite)
- Monday 18th Feb: FCC event, 5.30pm-8.30pm, County Hall, Swords (click here to register for this event on Eventbrite)
- Tuesday, 19th Feb: SDCC event, 6-9pm, County Hall, Tallaght (click here to register for this event on Eventbrite)
- Thursday, 21st Feb: DLR event, 3-7pm, National Maritime Museum (click here to register for this event on Eventbrite)
You can drop in anytime during these events, so why not join us and see what is on offer:
- The Councils' work on climate action
- Practical demos in a range of areas - get advice on everything from composting to electric vehicles to energy saving in the home!
- Information on how to make a submission to the Plans
- Talk to the newly-established Dublin Climate Action Regional Office (CARO) team
- Free giveaways, and much, much more...
For further information on these events, please email Codema at email@example.com and we look foward to seeing you there!