Codema teams up with LAMA Awards
09th January, 2014
Dublin’s Energy Agency, Codema, is sponsoring the first ever category for “Best Energy-Smart Initiative by a Local Authority” at the LAMA Community & Council Awards 2014. The winner of this category will automatically be shortlisted for the prestigious European Finale of the Ace Awards. The criteria for the new “Best Energy-Smart Initiative by a Local Authority” award are a forward thinking approach to sustainable energy; use of new and innovative methods; potential for replication; and measurable savings.
The entries for this category are:
- Carlow County Council for Carlow County Library;
- Dundalk Town Counciln for Coxes Demesne Regeneration;
- Kilmeena Group Water Scheme for Kilmeena National School;
- Leisureland Salthill Galway;
- Tipperary Energy Agency for Local Authority Social Housing Upgrade Management System;
- New Ross Town Council for McMorrough Court;
- Carlow County Council for Rathvilly Water Treatment Plant.
The winning entry will join the winners of preliminary rounds in Belgium, France, the Netherlands and the UK at the finale of the Ace Awards. Codema is the lead partner on the Ace project, which promotes the use of renewable energy in the everyday life of citizens, businesses and local government through awareness raising, supporting innovation, and bringing together public and private agencies across Europe to champion renewable energy. For more information on the Ace project see www.aceforenergy.eu.
Local Authority Members Association (LAMA) Community & Council Awards 2014 take place on Saturday, 25 January 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Santry, Dublin and is hosted by RTÉ’s Miriam O’Callaghan.Back