Codema Annual Report 2017
31st May, 2018
The Codema Annual Report is out now and details our work throughout the year across a range of innovative energy projects.
2017 marked a big milestone in our operations, as we proudly celebrated Codema's 20-year anniversary as the energy agency for the Dublin region. Over these past 20 years, Codema has matured and grown into a 13-strong team of engineers, energy planners, communicators and project managers. Some of our key outputs from 2017 include:
- Development of Energy Reviews for Dublin City Council, Fingal County Council and South Dublin County Council, to see exactly where energy is used in each local authority, identify Significant Energy Users for each council, and develop detailed recommendations on this basis.
- Initiating another Energy Performance Contract (EPC) project in seven of Dublin City Council's buildings. This follows on from a successful pilot EPC project involving Ballymun, Finglas and Markievicz Sports and Fitness Centres, which are already achieving energy savings of 38% and reducing council bills by €122,000 in the first year.
- Expanding our very successful Home Energy Saving Kits into all of Dublin City Council's public libraries.
- Advancing district heating schemes in the Docklands (DCC) and Tallaght (SDCC) areas.
- Developing step-by-step methodologies for CO2 baselines for other local authorities to replicate.
You can download our Annual Report 2017 here or watch a video highlighting our work throughout the year below.Back